Autotriz 3D Matrix Coating
PART NUMBER: AT-V1- Accelerator & AT-V1-50KIT – German grade nano ceramic
By closely following these tried and true steps, you will achieve consistent and guaranteed best results.
5-30⁰C- Avoid direct sunlight and/or high air humidity. Curing time depends on degree of temperature and percentage of relative humidity in your location. Ideal indoor humidity percentages range from 80% and below. If you find that your environment is above this range, it is best to try a couple of things for easier application and quicker curing.
- A dehumidifier that is capable of pulling enough moisture may be used during application.
- Close all doors and windows when coating on rainy days and try to prevent moisture from entering
- If either of these options is not possible the “Wet Method” will be used by your applicator.
When working in extremely warm conditions it is recommended to apply smaller areas to start. The size of the application can be determined and customized by watching the product’s flash time on the paint. If you notice that it flashes rapidly, reduce the size of the application area. It is best to start with a fender to see how much product work time is available.
INSPECTION OF PAINT
If the car has been re-sprayed/ repainted, always remember to make sure the paint is 100% cured before you start applying AUTOTRIZ products. It is recommended that paint is left to breathe and cure. This waiting time can be accelerated by thermally curing the car in a paint booth. If you are unsure of this, please contact the paint shop. Failure to wait for the paint to breathe with result in “solvent pop” which will ruin the finish of the vehicle.
If it is impossible to communicate with the paint shop, apply a small inconspicuous area. Test how the paint reacts to AUTOTRIZ products before applying on bigger surfaces.
Once we have determined that the paint is suitable for AUTOTRIZ the applicator may continue on with following these steps.
The condition of your car surface is crucial in achieving long lasting results. The cleaner the surface, the longer the protection is.
- Thoroughly decontaminate paint of all tar, bugs, dirt, tree sap, water spots, rail dust, iron dusts, or any other contaminants on surface.
- Clean the surface (must be of a solvent based and not strictly Isopropyl Alcohol). IPA will NOT always thoroughly remove oil and polish residue and this can compromise durability of coating. Always use clean towels when doing this step.
APPLICATION OF V1- 3D Matrix Coating
- Wrap the applicator sponge with the white microfiber cloth that comes with the box or use applicator of your preference. Microfiber applicators can also be used as a substitute.
- Shake well before use.
- When first applying V1 on substrate, it is recommended to condition the surface of the applicator with 7-8 drops to prevent skipping or dry spots.
- Apply V1 using normal pressure on applicator. Make sure the area is well covered. Always start from an edge to avoid excess on other panels. Work in controlled areas to remember where you previously applied. Work in horizontal and vertical movements or circular movement to ensure that product is carried through consistently.
- Get ready with 3 pieces of brand new, lint-free microfiber towel.
- Wait approx. 1 minute before levelling the product with first towel.
- If you start levelling too early, V1 will be absorbed solely in the towel. On the other hand, if wiping too late, V1 will become tacky and too hard to even out.
- Follow with a second towel. Gently go over the surface using a polishing motion, until the surface is free from residue.
- Finish with a third towel (this is called the “insurance towel”) and go over the surface one extra time just to make sure you haven’t missed any streaks or excess residue.
- Wait for at least 60 minutes before applying a second layer. Applying too early and the product will dissolve the previous layer.
- Repeat the steps for each additional layer. After desired amount of V1 layers have been applied, allow curing of coating to begin. Curing can be accelerated using IR or Heat Lamps. Follow lamp manufacturer’s recommended settings.
- Keep coating away from all polish and compound dust during curing process.This can be prevented by segregating your bays.
This technique is used a lot where the humidity and temperature is high.
- Get ready with 3 microfiber towel.
- Mist the applicator with distilled water.
- Apply V1 in horizontal and vertical movement using light pressure on applicator.
- Wipe gently with the first microfiber towel over the surface to wipe off excess coating.
- Go immediately over with second microfiber towel with polishing motion.
- Follow by the third “insurance towel” just to make sure you haven’t miss any streaks or excess residue.
- Always mist the applicator to ensure the applicator is wet during application.
The time of the curing time depends on the temperature and humidity but we normally say that the coating is tack free in 60 minutes and should not be exposed to heavy water within 12 hours. Do not wash the car within one week after the coating process; it takes about 1 week for the coating to fully cure. Use infra-red lighting to shorten the curing time.
When applying V2 on top it’s always best to do a test spot of V2 in an inconspicuous area.